Chuck Hodges and Chuck Hicks grew up together in the construction business working for a large, Atlanta-based general contractor. They often discussed the idea of creating a unique general contracting company based on providing their clients with personal attention from the company’s principals and a highly experienced project team. In 2004 they founded Hodges & Hicks General Contractors based upon this idea.
The first step was to assemble a team of key individuals, many of whom have worked together since 1985. These core members were seasoned professionals in preconstruction, project management and field supervision with successful track records in getting the job done right. Both Chuck Hodges and Chuck Hicks knew this was the blueprint to building the type of company they both envisioned. They also knew that to be successful, the company needed to have a diverse market base. The team focused on the markets they knew, developing business in healthcare, education, office, religious, institutional and mission-critical market segments.
Since our inception we have enjoyed steady, controlled and well-planned growth while maintaining the ideals that we started with:
- The company’s principals will have deep involvement in every project from concept to completion.
- We will provide our clients with the most seasoned, experienced team possible.
- We will create a company culture that attracts and keeps the best talent in the construction industry.
- We will do everything in our power to ensure that our clients’ needs take precedent in our decision making because we know that in order for us to be successful, our clients have to be successful.
- We will work with the design team to ensure that the project meets the budget and works architecturally.
We approach every project with these items in mind. When you choose Hodges & Hicks as your contractor, you can rest assured that you will get the expertise of a large company as well as the personal attention of a smaller company.